We are currently looking for a new housemate/member at Kindling Housing Co-op, located in south-east Oxford between Rose Hill and Cowley. We have a room available from mid-April. We prefer people to stay for at least a year, at £460 per month plus bills.*
If you, or anyone you know is looking for a room please see the link/info below and get in touch for an application form, or just a chat, either through a current housemate or via, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please get your application in by February 28th.
We know this is a strange time for anyone to be moving in anywhere so please bear with us!
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME?
* a well-maintained homely house
* a beautiful double room
* a group of wonderful housemates
* security and affordable rent, low bills
* no landlord, no agency
* a front and back garden
* bicycle shed
We founded Kindling in 2014 because we were fed up with the housing situation in Oxford and were keen to prove that it is still possible to start new housing cooperatives (even in the least affordable cities in the country!) For more info on our coop: www.kindlingcoop.org
Our members –
1. prefer living communally and are passionate about the cooperative movement;
2. are friends and enjoy contributing to each other’s well-being;
3. are tolerant and communicate honestly, openly, and respectfully;
4. are engaged in struggling to change society;
5. believe in the need to challenge power relations in society and personally;
6. don’t discriminate against any social/cultural group and are queer friendly;
7. agree to a vegetarian household which cares about ethical food – all communal meals are vegetarian with a vegan option;
8. commit time and enthusiasm to the coop and share tasks and responsibilities fairly;
9. are committed to minimising their waste and energy consumption;
10. agree with our coop’s ‘secondary rules’**.
Do you like the sound of our home and do you fit our member profile? Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
*Subject to change through collective agreement
**We will send you these via email after contacting us.