ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME?
* a well-maintained homely house
* a beautiful double room
* security and affordable rent, low bills
* no landlord, no agency
* a front and back garden
* the city’s coolest bicycle shed?
At Kindling Housing Coop in Oxford, we are looking for someone to join us from November 2018 onwards. We are looking for long term members, looking to stay for a minimum of one year, ideally longer.
We founded Kindling in 2014 because we were fed up with the housing situation in Oxford and were keen to prove that it is still possible to start new housing cooperatives (even in the least affordable cities in the country!) For more info on our coop: www.kindlingcoop.org
Our members –
- prefer living communally and are passionate about the cooperative movement;
- are friends and enjoy contributing to each other’s well-being;
- are tolerant and communicate honestly, openly, and respectfully;
- are engaged in social or environmental change work;
- believe in the need to challenge unfair power relations;
- don’t discriminate against any social/cultural group and are queer friendly;
- We are a vegetarian household which cares about ethical food; all communal meals are vegetarian with a vegan option
- commit time and enthusiasm to the coop and share tasks and responsibilities fairly;
- are committed to minimising their waste and energy consumption;
- agree with our coop’s ‘secondary rules’*.
Do you like the sound of our home and do you fit our member profile? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*We will send you these via email after contacting us.