We are currently looking for a new housemate/member at Kindling Housing Co-op, located in east Oxford between Rose Hill and Cowley. We are looking for a resident from August 25, 2019, to stay for at least a year, at £450 per month plus bills.*
If you, or anyone you know is looking for a room please see the link/info below and get in touch for an application form, or just a chat, either through a current housemate or via, email@example.com. The deadline for applications is July 31.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME?
* a well-maintained homely house
* a beautiful double room
* a group of wonderful housemates
* security and affordable rent, low bills
* no landlord, no agency
* a front and back garden
* the city’s coolest bicycle shed?
We founded Kindling in 2014 because we were fed up with the housing situation in Oxford and were keen to prove that it is still possible to start new housing cooperatives (even in the least affordable cities in the country!) For more info on our coop: www.kindlingcoop.org
1. prefer living communally and are passionate about the cooperative movement;
2. are friends and enjoy contributing to each other’s well-being;
3. are tolerant and communicate honestly, openly, and respectfully;
4. are engaged in social or environmental change work;
5. believe in the need to challenge unfair power relations;
6. don’t discriminate against any social/cultural group and are queer friendly;
7. agree to a vegetarian household which cares about ethical food – all communal meals are vegan (some with a vegetarian option);
8. commit time and enthusiasm to the coop and share tasks and responsibilities fairly;
9. are committed to minimising their waste and energy consumption;
10. agree with our coop’s ‘secondary rules’**.
Do you like the sound of our home and do you fit our member profile? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Subject to change through collective agreement. Bills and communal food around £80 per month.
**We will send you these via email after contacting us.